Kinlochlaich House, was built circa 1830 and has formal gardens dating to 1790. A male twin stemmed yew stands on a verge next to an old outbuilding at the eastern side of the house. It has historic storm damage resulting in a thinned crown. A girth measurement of 274 cm @ 100 cm (the highest available point below the bifurcation of the trunk) suggests this yew is of late 18th or early 19th century origin. At the centre of the walled garden and very popular with young visitors, is an Irish yew (Taxus bacatta fastigiata) which has been pruned and trimmed into a dome of topiary. It is believed by the garden manager to be around 200 years old. It has a circumference of 22 m 11 cm @ 100 cm and an estimated maximum height of 4 m.
SYTHI would like to express gratitude to the Tree Register which supported the fieldwork to this site with a Vicky Shilling Bursary.